Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 13: Beaver Moon


I did not have time to take a photo of any national monuments while in DC today.  As a fall-back, I was going to shoot the Jefferson Memorial from the taxi with my cell phone while driving by.  However, I left my phone on my desk.  As soon as I got home tonight (about 10:30 pm), I drove down the road to a pond where I had an clear view of the setting moon, with no tree obsrtuction.  While taking this photo on the edge of the pond, in total darkness and absolute silence, a beaver splashed the water with his tail no more than 10 feet from me.  I nearly soiled myself....

6 comments:

  1. The moon is smiling at us... The total darkness makes the moon shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing detail from the camera, you can make out teh crater impacts. Did you use a filter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No filter, just a 300mm lens and a tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Pic! What setting do you use when shooting the moon? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photo settings: ISO 320, f/6.3, 1/125 sec, on a tripod. I think I underexposed a little because I picked up some noise in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alex! Keep the great pics coming. :)

    ReplyDelete